What is the importance of event marketing? In the United States an expenditure made on experiential marketing or event marketing in a services company is $108 billion and this professional services company is the world’s second largest company in that field. These reports are given by PwC. It is important to know that some organizations have given a lot of importance to the events and these are basically 90 % of non-profit organizations.
How Will You Define Event Marketing?
If you want to connect to your target audience, new prospects or existing clients then you can do it via event marketing. Any firm can get event marketing benefits and it doesn’t matter whether it is too small or too large. Several successful events were hosted by some huge industries like Apple, CNET, Google and Oracle in 2018. You can display your skills in the events. Now I am going to describe about 5 event marketing examples to inspire you.
1. Conferences of users – Any industry can host an attractive conference. You can use an industry related theme in the networking events. Now let us discuss the tactics of event marketing followed by Oracle. In its course of action, it included the donations by guests and in the tech space, reducing the carbon footprints was also included in its lessons. Whatever you preach in the event needs to be practiced by you. If the wastage of a lot of energy, paper and food had been done by Oracle then what would have the possibility for the event to be successful? There would be no possibility like that. It is also necessary to discuss the business with your clients in the event.
2. Shopping through pop-ups – The use of pop ups has gained a lot of popularity. In 2017, a pop-up bar was launched by New York City’s iconic dining venue and its name was Rainbow Room. The attendees were provided roses, drinks and snacks there. Before buying, the users were allowed to try by making the use of the pop up. By doing this their sales can increase a lot. In their menu they also included rose sorbet, cotton candy and pink peppercorn topped oysters.
3. Events related to networking – If you think that only a particular industry can host the networking events, then you are wrong. You can go beyond your local area and host a networking event. It is possible to leave a good impression in an event if you do handshaking and have good looks. Around 72 % of people believe this. If you run a business related to food then it will be good for you to identify the individuals having common interests and make a networking hub for them. Couple’s night, tech talk and a book club per week are some examples.
4. Giving invitations for lunch – If you want that the people important for your business should remember you always, then arrange a lunch party and send invitations to donors, potential clients and customers. For engaging the users to your business, it will be good if you invite them on lunch. In this way the customers’ faith in you will increase and they will also make their loved ones to purchase from your business.
5. Events related to the community – It has been found that before shopping, an online local business is searched by 97 % consumers. You can host a game night, a cook-off for the community or a movie night at the company. Identify the interests of your target market. Get information about your community by doing a quick survey.
If you want to promote your service, brand or product then you need to do the Event Marketing.